- Caulk around the window opening on the exterior
- Caulk around the window trim on the inside
- Add weather stripping to the window sash. There are many types of weather stripping to suit various window types, budgets, and needs. For help on selecting which kind to use, and how to apply it, talk with a window repair specialist, or visit websites such as the Old House Journal or Historic HomeWorks. (PORTALS offers custom weather stripping installation)
- Use interior or exterior storm windows or thermal panels
- Make sure sash lock brings the sash together tightly
- Make sure of curtains and blinds to keep hot sun out in the summer and warm air in during the winter
Call PORTALS for a free estimate. Ask about our custom window and door tune up services to save your energy and money this winter!